Essential Things To Do In Ibiza
The reputation of ibiza May seem like clubs, parties and more parties but there is much more to our little White Island than that.
Here is our Ibiza bucket list…
- Spend the day at beach with lunch at a cheringuito. With so many beaches to choose from its hard but we suggest first spending time at one of the more popular and commercialised beaches such as Salinas, Es Cavellet or Cala Jondal. Secondly head to the less crowded and more secluded beaches such as Agua Blancas, Benniras, Cala d’Hort or Sa Caleta.
- Hire a car, get a good map and head North making sure to visit the Port of San Miguel (visit the caves), take the scenic clifftop drive to benirras for lunch. Take the winding road to the small resort of Portinatx for a few hours on the beach before heading towards San Antonio for sunset! Hiring a car allows the freedom to truely explore the island and you wont be disappointed, there are so many things to see including the salt flats at Salinas, the mystical rocks at Es Vedra and the highest point on the island Sa Talaia.
- Wander the streets of Dalt Villa (the old town of Ibiza) get lost in the medieval backstreets as you wind your way to the top of the castle. Don’t forget your camera as your reward for making it to the top is amazing views over the island and across to Formentera.
- Visit San Antonio. Over recent years San Antonio has undergone major changes such as the extension of the promenade taking you from the bay to the aquarium, a multi million euro redevelopment of the marina area and it is home to the most famous sunset strip on the planet! Many people frown upon San Antonio but take a trip there and we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised!
- Go VIP. Your on holiday, you want to party so why not do it in style and reserved a private area for you and your friends. All clubs offer various VIP packages starting from around 200€ per person. This includes entry AND DRINKS to the value of the table. When you work it out with the cost of drinks in the clubs it’s not such a bad deal.
- Catch the magical ibiza sunset from the world famous sunset strip! No trip to Ibiza would be complete without this – join the 1000s of people who descend on San Antonio every evening to witness the sunset. You can either do this from one of several bars such as Mint, Cafe del Mar or Savannah (arrive early for a table) or you can grab yourself some cold beers from the supermarket and sit on the rocks. PS don’t forget to clap as the sun disappears!
- Hang out and celeb spot at one of Ibiza’s super cool beach clubs such as Blue Marlin, Obleach Club and Nikki Beach club. Reserve one of the cabanas or day beds and sip champagne or cool daiquiris under the Mediterranean sun before cooling off in the beautiful Sea or pool! Most of the beach clubs in Ibiza play host to some top name DJs so be sure to check who is playing on which day before you decide which beach club to hit.
- Visit Ibiza’s sister island of Formentera. This can be done either by private boat charter or cheaper using the public ferries that depart Ibiza Town (most frequent) or Playa den Bossa and It takes approx 45mins to take you to an unspoilt paradise. Once there you can hire bike, scooter or car and set off exploring. There is also an organised public bus tour that allows free time on the beaches, stop off at the main touristic sites and takes you back to the ferry terminal when it’s time to come back!
Search For Accommodation In Ibiza
For villa rentals please visit Villa Rental Ibiza for hotel accommodation please use the search below