With thousands of people flocking to the white isle each year we have come up with a few tips to make your journey less stressful.
1. Make sure you don’t forget to purchase travel insurance so that if you have an accident you are covered, otherwise you could be hit with a huge medical bill.Travel insurance also covers theft, loss and damage of belongings. It also comes in handy should you become unwell and not able to travel.
2. Always make copies of your passport and bank cards so that you are able to give one to family members and keep one for yourself incase it gets lost or stolen. There is nothing worse than being stuck in another country without any money or a passport to get home with.
3. Pre plan how you will get from the airport. Ibiza Hire has a pickup service and for the people wanting to travel in style they also have a luxury cars available. Before departing also make sure you check with your flight company that there are no flight changes and if there are make sure you inform your pick up service.
4. If travelling from overseas purchasing a travel money card is a great way to manage your money. You can get these from your local bank and most Post Offices. The benefit of this card over your standard EFTPOS or credit card is that it can hold multiple currencies and you are not hit with huge ATM fees and a 3 per cent fee on all money spend or withdraw. All of these cards offer slightly different fees so be sure to compare with a few companies for the best option.
5. If you have a long flight to Ibiza its very important to stay hydrated and drink lots of water. Coffee and alcohol dehydrates you so it would probably not be a good idea to drink on the plane and save it for Ibiza. Wait until you get on the plane though as water is taken off you before boarding. You will find your skin will also dry out so its great to have moisturiser on you but ensure its not more than 100ml or it wont be allowed on the plane.
6. When packing toiletries make sure you individually pack each product into a separate zip lock bag, as its common from the plane pressure to make your items leak. You don’t want to start your trip off having all your clothes and items ruined. There are lots of shops on the island which you can purchase toiletries if you need to free up some luggage space; toiletries often weigh the most.
7. Imagine getting sick on a long flight and not being able to get off to get any medication to help. Be prepared with some pain killers and something for gastro/tummy upsets. Its better to be safe than sorry.
8. On the plane the temperatures can often change from hot to cold quite quickly. Wear layers of clothing so you can quickly remove or add layers as needed.
Travelling can be a very stressful time and many things can often be forgotten. To help make your trip easier Ibiza Hire have a concierge service that can organise many things for your stay in Ibiza including accommodation, car hire, airport transfers, VIP tables and a whole lot more. Contact us today to discuss your trip to Ibiza.